Peru State Giving Day Board Kickoff Guide
At your next board meeting, have a Peru State Giving Day kickoff by setting aside 20-30 minutes to discuss your organization’s Peru State Giving Day goals and how your board members can help you achieve them! Involving your board early on in the Peru State Giving Day planning process can have a great impact on your overall success.
1. Introduction of Peru State Giving Day
You can pull all this information from the Peru State Giving Day FAQ page here before your kickoff!
- What is it?
- When is it?
- Who is hosting it?
- What communities does it serve?
- Why is your organization participating?
2. Overview of Past Achievements
Have you participated in a Giving Day in the past? Take some time to reflect on your past experiences and remind your team of the lessons learned!
- How much have you been able to raise?
- How many donors have you engaged? Have you acquired new donors?
- Did you obtain any matching funds? Sponsors?
- Did you utilize any new tools or platforms?
- What did you learn? How can you improve?
3. Specific Goals for Peru State Giving Day 2022
Before you jump into strategy, think about what you’d like your organization’s internal Peru State Giving Day goals to be. Starting here will help your team strategize for Peru State Giving Day!
- How much do you hope to raise?
- What projects, programs, or causes are you raising money for?
- How many donors do you hope to reach? How many new? How many recurring?
- How do you plan on communicating with your supporter base?
- How much in sponsorship matching dollars, prizes, and challenge incentives does your organization hope to secure?
- What are your top internal goals? What will be your top external goals?
4. How Your Board Members Can Help on Peru State Giving Day
One of the most important aspects of preparing for Peru State Giving Day is making it clear to your board members why their support is important and how they can help your organization make a difference. Providing several clear calls to action will make it easier for your board members to actively participate and help you achieve your goals!
- Serve on a Peru State Giving Day specific committee
- Board Sponsored Matching Dollars or Challenge Incentive
- Leverage their connections in the community to solicit financial or social partnerships around Peru State Giving Day
- Serve as Peer-to-Peer Fundraisers and fundraise on behalf of your organization during Peru State Giving Day
- Enlist social ambassadors to help your organization expand their reach on social media by spreading the word to their networks
- Act as donor stewardship liaisons to help thank your Peru State Giving Day supporters and begin fostering relationships
- Assist in hosting a special event for your organization and its supporters on Peru State Giving Day
5. Next Steps and Communication Plans for Peru State Giving Day
After you’ve kicked off Peru State Giving Day with your board members, you’ll likely have lots of great ideas flowing. Don’t lose that momentum! Make sure your organization has a clear communication plan for how you’ll stay in touch with your board members as you prepare and plan for Peru State Giving Day.
- Send a weekly or bi-weekly newsletter focused specifically on your Peru State Giving Day planning. Share your goals, exciting announcements, and provide clear opportunities and action steps your board members should take to help you succeed.
- Continue to include Peru State Giving Day in your regular board meetings as you prepare for the event.